Child’s first sleepover? You need this.

by Unknown , at 04:49 , has 0 nhận xét

My children had their first sleepover and boy was it a hoot. The kids lay side by side giggling and reading books into the night. In the morning they played with Legos and ate their pancakes in silence, thrilled to be eating breakfast with their buddies. The one difference from the first sleepover I imagined is that I slept there too.

Did you think I was going to let my 4-year-old out of my sight? Not just yet. It was such a blast to have my own sleepover with them.

kids first sleepover

Anyway, their fun sleepover got me thinking about what items make it more fun. Here are some things you might want to pack for your child’s first sleepover:

SLEEPING BAG
Splurge: Sports or Mermaid Sleeping Bag with Detachable Pillow (Lillian Vernon, $79.99)

SLEEPING BAG
Save: Spiderman or Princess Slumber Bag Set (Amazon, $13-19)

CAMPING PRETEND PLAY
Splurge: The S'more the Merrier Campfire Set (Land of Nod, $69.99)
Save: Learning Resources Camp Set (Amazon, $18.99)

LIGHT:
Splurge: HABA Terra Kids Lantern (Amazon, $29.99)
Save: Backyard Safari Mini Lantern (Amazon, $7.59)

PAJAMAS
Splurge: Dragon Loves Tacos or Ladybug Girl Pajama Set (Books to Bed, $36)

PAJAMAS
Save: Star Wars PJ Pants (Old Navy, $16) and Disney Princess Nightgown (Target, $9.98)

The most important thing we packed was each child’s lovey. My oldest sleeps with his teddy bear, my middle daughter sleeps with an ugly stuffed penguin she calls an owl, and the baby sleeps with a chenille blanket. I never thought they would each become attached to an object, but all three have, and come bedtime at their first sleepover all three were looking for their loveys.

Staying at our friends’ house was eye-opening. I loved seeing how bedtime routines differed from my own kids’ ones. It is one thing to discuss bedtime with other moms and a completely different thing to see it in action. I learned some great tips, like to keep story time short and set more than one nightlight.

What age do you think is appropriate for the first sleepover?

Leave a comment

Read more:
Should sleepovers be banned because they’re dangerous?
How to host a super sleepover
Death to sleepovers
Are sleepovers and playdates overrated?

 

0 nhận xét Add a comment
Bck
Cancel Reply