One mom’s hilariously honest reason her kid was late for school

by Unknown , at 16:49 , has 0 nhận xét
  • 1
  • 1

We’ve all been there, right? Rushing to school with kids dragging along behind us, hoping and praying that today is the day the teacher doesn’t close the classroom door right on time. Only to get there to see that yes, of course it’s closed, which means they’re late for school, which means a trip to the office to formally record the tardy arrival. The parental walk of shame.

Please tell me we’ve all been there, because I have definitely been there. More than once.

The school year has barely begun, but one mom has already made this trek. When asked to record the reason for her daughter’s late arrival on the school’s tardy sign-in sheet, she opted for honesty. She didn’t write down “appointment” or “illness” or some other seemingly valid excuse.

Instead, she simply wrote:

Capture

A photo of the record was shared on Reddit and has since gone viral, givng many moms and dads a laugh – not to mention a reason to breathe a sigh of relief. It’s always nice to know you’re not alone.

I’m one of those people who is perpetually running late. I’ve tried to change, but it almost seems hard-wired into my DNA. While shopping with my 10-year-old on the weekend she spotted a water bottle that said, “Running late is my cardio.” She tugged at my arm: “Mom! You need this!”

When I’m in charge of the school drop-off, it’s definitely a crunch to get them there on time. There have been days where we haven’t quite made it. Fortunately, our school doesn’t make us give them a reason for being behind, but if they did, here are a few that would make the list:

  • We couldn’t find a shoe.
  • All of a sudden she hates cinammon oatmeal.
  • Okay, fine: I hit the snooze.
  • Her neck got pinched in her jacket zipper and that kicked off a whole ordeal.
  • It’s May, and making school lunches is starting sap my will to live.
  • The seam of her socks was hurting her.
  • We forgot the permission slip… By the way, could I get another copy of the permission slip?
  • It was all going well, but then she tripped over the sidewalk curb.
  • She had to pee. Again.
  • We didn’t realize it was raining.
  • Are you sure the bell didn’t just ring early?
  • She finally got her socks and shoes on, then I realized she wasn’t wearing underwear
  • So. Much. Homework.
  • She saw a dead mouse on the walk home from school yesterday. I was lucky just to get her out the door today.

Do you have trouble being on time? What are your excuses?

It goes both ways. 16 hilarious times kids have totally mortified their parents.

Photo: iStock

0 nhận xét Add a comment
Bck
Cancel Reply