Must-see video: 40 weeks pregnant woman wakesurfing

by Unknown , at 22:53 , has 0 nhận xét
  • 1

I can think of some pretty amazing things to do while pregnant. But I never imagined wakesurfing at 40 weeks.

Kolby Fahlsing was hoping that wakesurfing would help jump start labor. She posted a video of herself riding the waves on Instagram with the caption:

“Well. You know I had to. Maybe wakesurfing will get things going. Old wives tale?! I’m super uncomfortable and my legs hurt like none other. It feels like needles stabbing me all over. The swelling. Headaches. Nausea. Heartburn. And some cramping/contractions started. I make pain look good,” she wrote.

What’s even more amazing is her fertility journey. The Minneapolis, MN mom said on her blog, “I was diagnosed with Gonadal Dysgenesis Type XX in February of 2003. This means I was born without ovaries, fallopian tubes, or eggs. I am pure female and have a perfectly good uterus. I just wasn’t born with all of the reproductive organs. I have been on BCP since I was 18,” she explained.

Now with her journey to conceive a success, Kolby is also triumphant at speeding up the labor process by wakesurfing; and she makes it look easy too.

But, I’m sure that some may wonder whether or not it’s safe. I remember my center of gravity being out of whack when I was pregnant with my daughter in 2010, and also my son three years later.

Every time I tried to walk in heels, I felt like I was going to tip over. I couldn’t imagine trying to balance on a wakeboard. In fact, the closest I’d ever come to any water sport was riding in a boat, not outside of it.

Even though water sports were never my thing, I did enjoy my normal exercise routine. I remember asking my doctor about safety concerns, and he only advised that I do as much as my body allowed.

I was able to jog up until 6 months with my daughter, and then continued a lighter regimen for the last few months of my pregnancy.

By the time I was pregnant with my son, my “workout ship had sailed.” I was just too tired to do anything except work and take care of my then 2-year-old.

I can certainly relate to Kolby feeling stressed during those final pregnancy days. At 40 weeks, I was ready to evict the baby one from my womb.

39weeks BC

I am truly amazed by her athleticism at 40 weeks pregnant, and I’m not alone. Kolby’s video received over 14 thousand views with many praising her.

“You are simply amazing. I’m 36 weeks pregnant and almost can’t even walk normally. Powerful mom,” someone wrote.

“Wow! Go mummy,” another commented.

Now Kolby and husband Jake are proud parents to Jack. Both mother and son are doing just fine, but no word on whether or not baby Jack will join his mom on the wakesurf board anytime soon.

What do you think about wakesurfing at 40 weeks pregnant? How did you jump start labor?

Comments

Photo credit: Stacy-Ann Gooden

Stacy-Ann Gooden (aka Weather Anchor Mama) can be seen delivering the weather forecast on the news in New York City. But her most important role is being a wife and mom. She writes about balancing career and motherhood in her blog, Weather Anchor Mama. You can also follow her on twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.

0 nhận xét Add a comment
Bck
Cancel Reply