From teeth to a cage, Kate Mulgrew was an interesting child

by Unknown , at 10:49 , has 0 nhận xét

Though it’s hard to imagine a newborn infant with a full set of teeth, Kate Mulgrew insists she was born with pearly whites — and she lived for a while in a “cage.”

The woman many of us currently know as Galina ‘Red’ Reznikov, from Orange is the New Black, recently opened up about her unique childhood by explaining, “I was born with teeth. Yes, I was born with a set of perfect teeth. They’re actually sort of pearlescent, and they’re very dangerous because the baby can swallow them.”

 

Kate Mulgrew OINTB Red

Kate Mulgrew went on to share her parents “built me a little cage because I had no sense of pain until I was 4 years old. So I was born with teeth and I had no sense of pain. Imagine what Shakespeare would have done with that.”

It seems as though the “cage” was actually an adapted crib. The 61-year-old wrote in her 2015 book, Born With Teeth:

My father was not surprised when Dr. Sharp visited and announced that I would need a special crib, one with bars on all sides as well as over the top because would you believe it, said the good doctor, but this kid has no sense of pain. Mother was delighted by the novelty of this condition and stood stoically by as my baby teeth were pulled, quickly and without incident, so as to prevent my eating them.

I hear about babies being born with a tooth or two on occasion, but an entire set? That must have been something to see! I wonder if Kate has a picture anywhere.

My sister-in-law swore her first child was teething as an infant, but no one really believed her. They chalked my niece’s cries up to general newborn grouching, and her mom’s theories up to a first-timer getting carried away with ideas. Sure enough though, a little tooth popped out when my niece was less than a month old.

What’s unique about your childhood, or your kids’?

Share with us

Photos: PR Photos

 

Check out these 20 cool Orange is the New Black baby names:

0 nhận xét Add a comment
Bck
Cancel Reply