Newborn & grandma born on same day — 100 years apart!

by Unknown , at 16:52 , has 0 nhận xét

An Arizona grandmother received the best gift ever for her 100th birthday — a great-great-grandbaby!

Little Weston Alexander Heiser was born on June 6, 2016. Coincidentally, this happens to be 100 years on the dot since his great-great-grandma Dorothy Martell was born.

A photo of the pair meeting for the first time earlier this week will absolutely melt your heart.

Weston’s mama (and Dorothy’s great-granddaughter,) Alyssa Heiser, explained what this initial meeting meant to Dorothy, who had recently experienced tough losses.

“She lost her fourth son and she had two other deaths in her family at her age, obviously,” Alyssa told KPNX. “So she was so happy to meet this little guy and celebrate life.”

Grandma Dorothy’s reaction to the shared birthday is too sweet.

“Oh my goodness. Unbelievable,” she says, in this short video clip. “I’m still in shock. To think there’s 100 years between us. Can you believe it?”

newborn and grandma share same birthday

Alyssa said she hoped her baby would be born on Dorothy’s birthday from the moment she found out she was pregnant. And from the way she describes her great-grandmother, it isn’t hard to figure out why.

“She is one of the most inspirational people in my life,” Alyssa said. “There’s something so special about her that everyone who meets her can feel. She’s so full of joy and life and has such a strong faith. She’s just the most wonderful lady that I’ve ever met.”

Is it just me, or is there something especially touching about older generations interacting with the new? Maybe it’s the contrast between fresh life and seasoned wisdom that draws me to it. Whatever the reason, I’m loving this moment between Weston and great-great-grandma Dorothy.

Although, my family hasn’t been lucky enough to have centenarians, I remember thinking it was special that I was born on my great-grandmother’s birthday. I’m sure Weston will think his shared birthday is pretty cool, too. May he cherish this snapshot for even more generations to come!

Featured screen shot via KPNX

What do you think of this story? Do you have any special shared birthdays in your family?

Share your thoughts!
0 nhận xét Add a comment
Bck
Cancel Reply