Mom pleas for help with “broken” baby, finds she isn’t alone

by Unknown , at 10:48 , has 0 nhận xét

Ask your fellow moms what the return policy is on a “broken” baby, and you just might get a lot of laughs.

“Noooo. [Baby] is broken and I can’t find a guarantee,” a new mom recently wrote on UK forum Mumsnet.

She continued, “He won’t stop crying unless he’s being held by me, preferably sleeping on one exposed boob, although at a push I can reclothe. He is declining tuneless songs and cuddles from his siblings, and putting him down got me into a lot of trouble. Who needs words to shout?!

“I can’t find his warranty, and am not sure I could face returning him, collection was bad enough. Any suggestions?”

ThinkstockPhotos-154111673 (1)

Rather than respond with practical advice, many moms took the route of commiserating about wonky operating systems. A look at some of the replies the original poster has received:

How long have you had him? Have you found the off switch yet? Mine doesn’t have one but I suspect mine’s an older model. The new ones may have had them installed?

Mine is faulty too. It won’t nap even though it is obviously exhausted. I want a refund.

If your nipple’s OK just stick him back on the charging station until he’s fully charged and leave him alone – he’ll probably go into sleep mode.

Have you tried turning his volume down? Failing that I have no idea. I still can’t work mine and I’ve had him nearly 10 months.

How long have you had this model for? I’ve only had mine 4 weeks and discovered the same issue. There was clearly a faulty batch.

I’ve heard there is a bug in the software of the newer versions. My 1994 and 2001 models are operating quite well, although the 2001 version still makes odd noises at times, sort of grrrr sounds. Seems to happen mostly when we say 10pm curfew or you’re not going.

My 2013 model has developed a curious glitch. Upon hearing the word “No” it starts emitting a very loud, continual, high pitched noise.

I’ve got a 2004 and a 2006 on my hands, and though they operate pretty well on their own most days something goes a bit wonky when they’re close together. In close proximity for too long, they start to whine and malfunction. Something with the batteries and magnetic field interference, perhaps?

Best of luck to all you parents out there sticking with your editions despite their hiccups.

What model years are your kids, and what are their quirks?

Tell us!

Photos: Thinkstock

 

BabyCenter Community members show of the little ones’ funniest faces:

0 nhận xét Add a comment
Bck
Cancel Reply