Nicole Richie admits her early parenting “oops”

by Unknown , at 16:49 , has 0 nhận xét
  • 1

“If you could re-do one parenting moment, what would it be?”

(I know what you’re thinking: Just one?!)

Mom-of-two Nicole Richie was asked this question during a recent interview with PEOPLE, and her answer shows that – at least when it comes to the day-to-day dilemmas of parenting – she’s not all that different than the rest of us.

“I was very quiet around my kids when they were babies and now they’re light sleepers,” admits Nicole, who has daughter Harlow, 8, and son Sparrow, 7, with her husband Joel Madden. “So I wish that I had been a little more ‘rough’ with them.”

In terms of parenting faux pas, this isn’t really a major one. If this is Nicole’s biggest “do-over” wish, I’d say she’s doing pretty good.

It is relatable, though.

October 5, 2011: Joel Madden, Nicole Richie arriving at the Louis Vuitton Ready To Wear S/S 2012 show during Paris Fashion Week in Paris, France. Mandatory Credit: INFphoto.com  Ref: inffr-01/130439|sp|U.S. & U.K. SALES ONLY.

I made a similar misstep with my oldest daughter. I didn’t enforce quiet, but I did make sure that when it was time to go to bed everything was always exactly the same – always in her bed, always on her own, always with the door shut and the black-out shade drawn and a bedtime story read. Every detail had to be in place, in order. When she was a baby, this consistency was probably a good idea. I just should have made a point of shaking things up a little as she got older so we didn’t end up dependent upon this very precise routine.

My youngest, on the other hand, could fall asleep just about anywhere. You live and you learn, I guess!

Looking back, what part of parenting would you do over if you could?

“What’s the single biggest mistake parents can make?” These folks weighed in…

Photos: PR Photos, INFphoto.com

0 nhận xét Add a comment
Bck
Cancel Reply