Mocktails for pregnant moms is a thing

by Unknown , at 16:48 , has 0 nhận xét

Pregnant mommy’s craving a stiff drink keeps popping up on my timeline. Yes, apparently mocktails for pregnant moms is a thing.

It all started with this Instagram post by Jill Krause from Baby Rabies. It made me lick my chops and I’m not even pregnant!

Just the #mocktail I needed. O’douls & limeade with some salt & lime. 👌🏻

A photo posted by Jill Krause (@babyrabies) on

I survived my pregnancy cravings by eating sliced cucumbers dripping with lime juice, chile powder and salt. In fact, I’ve never eaten so much of it in my life and I think I ruined the enamel on my teeth because of it. But, a good mocktail? A frothy beer? That sounds pretty good, too. What is it about pregnancy cravings that makes us want what we can’t have? Alcohol, sushi, deli meat and soft cheeses — just kill me now and bury me a bowl of Gorgonzola.

Read this: What this Mexican mama craved during pregnancy

Since the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and the American Academy of Pediatrics advise pregnant women to abstain from alcohol because there is no known “safe” amount of alcohol during pregnancy, your best bet is a mocktail. These mocktails may not have exactly what you’re craving but they’re delicious as can be.

Sparkling raspberry mocktail from Poofy Cheeks

Moscow mule mocktail from The Merrythought

Virgin ginger mimosas from In Sonnet's Kitchen

Classic Bloody Mary mocktails by A Beautiful Mess

Watermelon mojito mocktail by The Merrythought

Frozen peach bellini mocktail from Spicy Southern Kitchen

Pineapple lemonarita from Sober Julie

Michelada mocktail from Feast + West

Virgin Piña Colada from Go Dairy Free

Cucumber ginger mocktail from 40 Aprons

Are you craving a cocktail yet?

Leave a comment

Like Pearmama on Facebook. Get social with Denise on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. Read more from Denise at Pearmama.com. You can also find @pearmama on Snapchat!

Image source: The Merrythought

0 nhận xét Add a comment
Bck
Cancel Reply