You’ve never seen breastfeeding positions like these before

by Unknown , at 10:49 , has 0 nhận xét
  • 1

After gaining 80 pounds during her first pregnancy, and 60 pounds during her second, mom-of-three Carlee Benear developed a love for yoga. That’s why, when her third child arrived after just a 25 pound pregnancy weight gain, she got right back to the mat — with her newborn daughter in tow.

The result is called breastfeeding yoga, and it’s beautiful.

All images shared with permission from Carlee Benear, whom you're welcome to connect with via Instagram/@carleebyoga.

Carlee, 29, tells BabyCenter she’s now in the best shape of her life thanks her yoga practice and support from her husband, Andy, who is a fitness professional. This Texas-based family includes 5-year-old Milam, a “soulful little guru,” 2-year-old Cale, who is a “fearless stuntman,” and 1-month-old Maramaylee (that’s Martha+May+Carlee), who this mom enjoys “cuddling all day long with and without yoga. “

“This was my first pregnancy since my yoga journey started about two years ago,” Carlee went on to tell us. “I enjoyed my practice so much I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to continue on this amazing path of enlightenment with life blossoming inside me. We connected on another level while we moved together.”

Once baby girl had arrived, Carlee says she recovered quickly, and despite having a newborn attached to her 24/7 she was anxious to get back to her routine.

“I practiced on my own in the beginning to reawaken my body to the movements, constantly having to pause and care for my beautiful baby I decided to move with her on my mat,” she explained to BabyCenter. “Of course, the time came that she needed to eat, being in the flow of the moment I picked her up and let life happen.”

“The energy she gave me was magical. Practicing with her truly grounded me in the chaos of staying at home with three small children. I am still exploring the possibilities of breastfeeding yoga and I am excited for everything that is to come from it. There is more to connecting with a newborn or child in general than looking them in the eyes and holding them. Everyone finds what works for them. We move together, we feel together, we teach each other and we grow together. The body is an amazing form of art and is capable of so much power and control.”

Having a hard time picturing what breastfeeding yoga looks like in action? I was too, unable to imagine how Carlee can switch to different poses. Thankfully for us, there’s video:

 

 

A video posted by Carlee Benear (@carleebyoga) on

Carlee, who now gets comments about being an inspiration to other moms, can relate. She credits John P. Cone aka @mirajfindingbalance on Instagram, for “opening my own eyes to endless possibilities when I first started yoga.”

She added, “Anything is possible and one of the greatest gifts I gave myself was exploring what my body can do.”

What have you been amazed that your body could do?

Share with us

All images shared with permission from Carlee Benear, whom you’re welcome to connect with via Instagram/@carleebyoga.

 

More moms pushing the limits of where and how you can breastfeed:

Slideshow images provided by The Breastfeeding Project

0 nhận xét Add a comment
Bck
Cancel Reply