Is Hilaria Baldwin’s post-birth belly photo helping or hurting?

by Unknown , at 16:49 , has 0 nhận xét

Hilaria Baldwin has taken a headline-making selfie yet again, posing for the second time in a bra and underwear just after giving birth.

“I took this yesterday when Leonardo was about 24 hours old,” the yoga instructor, wife of Alec Baldwin and newly minted mom of three wrote with her Instagram photo. “I did the same thing right after Rafael was born.”

Check out Hilaria’s new belly-baring pic by clicking here.

She went on to explain: “It always makes me a bit nervous to do something like this, but I feel that in the age of such strong body shaming, I want to do all that I can to normalize a real body and promote healthy self esteem.

“Many of you know that I love to show the process of life’s experiences on the body and I am a firm believer in how a good diet and the right balance of exercise make us happy, healthy, and strong. So from here on, I want to dedicate the majority of my #366daysoflivingclearly #hilarialcm daily posts to getting back in shape and I invite you to do it with me.”

Hilaria Baldwin pregnant 2016

Trying to cut back on some of the questions she was pounded with previously, Hilaria Baldwin added:

“Did I have a c section?: No, I pushed him out

Where are all the pads for bleeding?: I took them out briefly to snap this pic as there is a limit to how much you need to see.

Where am I?: in the hospital room bathroom #glamour

Oh, and no filter. Just brightened it up a bit.”

Sounds good to me, and I actually quite do appreciate the Q&A. Even I was wondering where those magical mesh postpartum panties were.

Now I’m curious to see what kind of response her photo gets this time. The previous pic sparked a bit of debate among our BabyCenter Blog readers, with one commenting:

“Wait are we supposed to be shocked and horrified at her ‘huge’ postpartum belly? She is supposed to be thought of as brave by showing her GORGEOUS MODEL FIGURE & Fancy bra 2 days after giving birth, so show what a real woman looks like?? Not even close.. I feel like she’s showing off how amazing she looks… & she DOES LOOK AMAZING..but is she brave for showing off her sexy curvy after baby pose? Not even close.”

A second added in part: “I am not a fit shamer or fat shamer or any other type of shamer, but c’mon- this is such a thinly veiled humble brag!”

On the one hand I can see what these commenters were saying, and Hilaria’s photo bares extremely little resemblance to how I recall my one-day postpartum body looking — which makes me hesitant to say this is helping promote “normal.” For many of us, there’s no way we’ll ever look this great after giving birth.

But then again, this is one mom’s real experience. Who am I to say it doesn’t count because it’s too good?

Do you think Hilaria Baldwin’s photo is helping the cause?

Share with us

Photos: PR Photos

 

Three pregnancies and not a stretch mark in sight! Not everyone is so lucky. Here, members of the BabyCenter Community show off their tiger stripes:

0 nhận xét Add a comment
Bck
Cancel Reply