Photos will erase your fears about having another baby

by Unknown , at 10:53 , has 0 nhận xét

When I was pregnant with my second baby, I felt traumatized by my fear that I was ruining my firstborn’s life. Forever.

I obsessed over whether she’d think I’d stopped loving her, in favor of the new baby, and then come to deeply resent her sister. Maybe my older daughter would become so mad, and miserable, and disgruntled, and bitter, and offended, that she’d simply walk into the hospital room, and try to punch our newborn. Oh, God.

Except, that didn’t happen. In fact, the exact opposite of that worst case scenario happened. My then 2-year-old fell instantly in love with being a big sister. And all my fears and doubts melted away, just like he heartburn I’d grappled with my entire pregnancy.

That is why, when I saw this image of a big sister’s exuberance over meeting her new sibling, taken by Capturing Joy Birth Services, my grin just wouldn’t go away.

 

siblings-featured

 

Look at her: It’s as if she cannot believe her luck. She has a new partner in crime! Someone to play with, explore with, tell secrets to, and for life, act as a new best friend.

I realize now that is exactly what I gave my first daughter when her little sister was born. And witnessing their bond growing, changing and strengthening over the years, has provided my life’s greatest joy.

Here are more deeply emotional photographs that capture the very first moments of the amazing connection between siblings, as taken by Capturing Joy Birth Services.

 

 

This photo in particular also touched my heart.

 

siblings-featured-2

 

It’s these little moments between siblings, when no one is even looking, that truly showcase the love between brothers and sisters. They’re there to look out for one another, to pick up the pacifier that fell down, to reach that snack on a high shelf, to get mommy in the night when the other isn’t feeling well, to stand up for the other against bullies, and in tough times, and when it’s thundering outside, or during a scary movie…

So if you are currently expecting another baby, please, please stop worrying that you’re ruining your child’s life. You are enhancing it. You are giving your child the best gift possible! Stop. Worrying. And get ready for so much love, and joy that your heart can barely stand it.

Learn more about Capturing Joy Birth Services online, and on Facebook.

Did you, or do you worry about adding another baby to your family?

Share here
0 nhận xét Add a comment
Bck
Cancel Reply