Would you be hurt if your friend hid her pregnancy from you?

by Unknown , at 16:48 , has 0 nhận xét
  • 1
  • 1

Tika Sumpter’s baby bump is now in full bloom, but up until a few weeks ago she was able to keep her pregnancy a secret from nearly everyone. Though it’s not unusual to hear of a celebrity who doesn’t announce a baby was on the way to the public, this mom-to-be kept the news even from friends and family.

Telling Fit Pregnancy and Baby about why she waited until August to spill the beans — despite baby girl being due in October — the 36-year-old shared, “She’s my first child, and I wanted to experience every moment of this pregnancy for myself and enjoy it without everybody else being in it with me.”

Additionally, Tika hasn’t going public with the name of her boyfriend.

“I didn’t want to hear, ‘Who’s the dad? Are you with the dad?’ Social media can be harsh, and I’m a mama bear, protective of my family. So that’s why I waited to tell people, including some friends.”

Tika Sumpter pregnancy

Are you wondering now if that might cause a bit of a rift? Luckily for Tika Sumpter, her pals weren’t insulted they weren’t trusted with the secret.

“My friends weren’t mad at me,” she assured. “They said, ‘You did it the way you wanted to do it. You’re an inspiration.'”

It doesn’t seem Tika’s mother was mad either, but she may have been in shock. The actress had to show the positive pregnancy test to her mom “because she didn’t even believe me when I told her.”

And then, perhaps illustrating exactly why this beauty didn’t share the news earlier, her mom asked the question.

“One of the first questions my mother asked when she found out I was pregnant was, ‘Are you going to get married?’ ” Tika recalled. “I’d love to, but maybe in a year or so. I’ve been with my boyfriend for more than a year and a half.”

“Our relationship is not dependent on a ring,” she added. “I love him to death, and he loves me to death, and that’s all that matters to me.”

I agree on that point, but have to say I’m surprised Tika’s “friends” were so cool with her pregnancy secret. Do think she means acquaintances more than close friends? I can see that making more sense — but the small circle of people I consider real friends I feel differently about.

If I were one of Tika’s close friends I would likely eventually come around to respecting her decision, but it’d be a lie to say I don’t think I’d be initially hurt by the secrecy. I suppose it’s not that I don’t understand her reasoning, it’s just that my feelings get all soft and sensitive around my people.

How would you feel if your friend hid her pregnancy from you?

Weigh in

Photo: Clint Spaulding/WWD/REX/Shutterstock

 

Our BabyCenter Community members show off their full-term baby bumps:

Photo submitted to the BabyCenter 9 month baby bumps photo contest by community member: akbs

anggrinovia

crisha05

dirtydeedee

DiyasUmi

Heather422011

hollyr33

IQuitCounting

kelliw8

listermom

Melissaestevan1024

mich__

Mommyof4Prov31

MyEvieJ416

tranat2011

Nchauvin

poetofautumn

PositiveHope

pregoandPlussize

RLDDED

samanthajo86

ShanLundon

shonu28

tapgypsy

TorahMaid

XrayMamaWalker

0 nhận xét Add a comment
Bck
Cancel Reply