Ode to the best Nana in the whole wide world

by Unknown , at 10:49 , has 0 nhận xét
  • 2

Periodically in my posts, I’ve spoken about how much help my mother, Monica, has been to me since I’ve become a mother. For Grandparents Day I want to give her the praise she deserves.

She’s been a nurse for over 30 years, and I never really thought about how much her skill and talent would be beneficial to me. I solely credit her for how well my daughter, born at 26 weeks, has done.

My mom is the one who noticed something was off, took my blood pressure, and got me to the hospital, allowing me to get a series of steroid shots that helped my daughter with her lung development.

I would say she allowed me to be a stay-at-home mom with my preemie, but she actually insisted on it. Blatantly told me, “Well I guess you’ll have to quit.” Some may feel some sort of way about that, but it really was the only way to keep up with everything having a preemie entails. In all honesty, I wasn’t mentally prepared to deal with a job as well. As a good mother and support system does, she made sure I kept it together.

We work our schedules around each other so that the need for a babysitter is limited. Which saves me a ton of time and money. Can’t begin to think about how much I appreciate that.

She is the definition of an involved grandmother, and I know we are lucky to have her. The bond she has with my children, I know some parents wish their kids had an ounce of it.

Happy Grandparents Day, Mom, and thank you for your continued support!

grandparentsday

0 nhận xét Add a comment
Bck
Cancel Reply