Don’t put your son in pageants!

by Unknown , at 22:49 , has 0 nhận xét
  • 1

That is what I heard from the moment I announced I was having a boy. Initially, I really didn’t have any plans on it. Actually I wanted another girl so I could have double trouble in the pageant world.

Once I had him I thought, um — why shouldn’t I put him in pageants? There are boy categories all the way up to the age of 12. Why should I not involve him in something that I love and take pride in, simply because people everyone and society told me from the day we saw his little mister on the ultrasound that he shouldn’t be involved?

Well guess what, I put him in a pageant ANYWAY, and he WON. His first pageant and out the gate he wins. Just like his momma. (I won the first pageant I entered in at the age of 22 and now I am the Queen Chairman of it). His first parade is Monday morning.

14138797_10155123242968098_2389335705568852793_o

“Pleeeease don’t put him in pageants!”

Pleeeeease mind your business and worry about your own kids and their activities. You would have thought I was going to put him in a cupcake dress with lace socks and patent leather shoes.

14124386_10155128620998098_8356067985088593956_o

To be quite honest, a pageant for babies is not that much different than you posting the cutest picture of your kids in their cutest outfit on social media for everyone to see, comment, and like.

My son will do pageants until he tells me he doesn’t want to or ages out, just like my daughter. We’re taking a pageant hiatus while she is in her “Terrible 2s, every answer is No” phase.

I’m not going to force either of them to do pageants if they don’t want to, but I won’t restrict him just because others told me that pageants aren’t for boys.

Images courtesy of Makita Gulley.

 

0 nhận xét Add a comment
Bck
Cancel Reply