Keep your opinions on post-baby bodies to yourselves, thanks

by Unknown , at 23:02 , has 0 nhận xét
  • 3

Body shaming seems to be the thing to do. Well, let’s face it, people have always done it. Thanks to social media, the shaming has run rampant and people, myself included, are quite sick of it. Especially when the shaming involves a pregnant or new mommy.

What mother has not felt the sting of some body shaming? To be quite honest, I’ve felt it from my own mother, with both of my kids. To this day I still remember when I was pregnant with my daughter she asked me why did I get pregnant when I was already overweight…

Now, I love my mom, and she has been a major help to me and my kids. I don’t believe she said it to hurt me, but the point is, people shame mom bodies without a second thought.

body shame

 

For example, Lexi Sinclair, a mom from Kansas City, was enjoying a summer day at a pool with her 4-month-old son. A woman came up to her inquiring about her baby boy, asking the usual– how old is he, how well he sleeps, etcetera. Then, the woman she doesn’t even know tells her that the men at the swimming pool may be more comfortable if she had on a one piece. A bikini is not appropriate for a mother who is “still recovering”…

Well excuse the holy hell out of Miss Sinclair! Maybe she should apologize for having the audacity to carry a whole baby knowing it might make people uncomfortable to view her stomach. How dare she!

Seriously, what gives that woman the right to approach any mom about her post baby body? People have gotten so comfortable unnecessarily critiquing mom bodies, that they obviously have forgotten tact and how to simply mind their own business.

To the woman who fake cared about Ms. Sinclair’s “recovering body,” she does not need to cover anything up. YOU need to cover up your ugly chauvinistic attitude.

How do you feel about the constant critiquing of post-baby bodies?

Share here
0 nhận xét Add a comment
Bck
Cancel Reply