Gender prediction myths: Do you know what you’re having?

by Unknown , at 22:48 , has 0 nhận xét

There are all sorts of myths out there claiming that you can actually tell your baby’s gender based on early pregnancy signs. But is there truth to these claims or are they just old wives tales?

Nowadays, all you need to do to find out your baby’s gender is request to have a sonogram done. But, that takes all the fun out of guessing, right? When asked about the early signs of knowing whether it’s a boy or girl, the BabyCenter community chimed in.

One mom said that before she found out she was having a girl, she craved chocolate and sweet foods like cake and brownies. “So all the myths about craving sweet things about being pregnant with a girl are TRUE,” she wrote.

But as one mom commented, don’t believe everything you hear about gender prediction myths. “I’m having a boy! No morning sickness, cold feet, low belly and a glow in my face. I feel great. I don’t even feel pregnant and the myth wife tales of the ring and baking soda and all the rest pointed to a girl, but ultrasound says boy.”

When it came to being pregnant for the first time, I had no idea what I was having. There was nothing to compare it too because I had never been pregnant before.

However, people had fun trying to figure it out early on. “You’re carry low, you’re having a girl,” one would say. “You’re glowing and your skin looks great. You’re having a boy,” another would say.

It’s also been said that girls steal your beauty and judging by my supposedly flawless skin, I was having a boy. But whoever said I was having a girl based my low baby bump was right.

When I became pregnant with my son, I had a feeling that I was having a boy. My skin remained acne free and I had a pregnancy glow. But, my hips became narrow and I lost my booty. I also felt my son’s strength, as weird as that may seem. It was simply an innate feeling that I had.

My husband and I loved the element of surprise and wanted to wait until delivery day to find out the gender for both pregnancies. But I decided to do an at home gender reveal, just for laughs. Was it accurate? Watch this short clip to find out.

How were you able to predict your baby’s gender? What were some of your pregnancy signs?

Comments

Photos: Stacy-Ann Gooden

Stacy-Ann Gooden (aka Weather Anchor Mama) can be seen delivering the weather forecast on the news in New York City. But her most important role is being a wife and mom. She writes about balancing career and motherhood in her blog, Weather Anchor Mama. You can also follow her on twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.

0 nhận xét Add a comment
Bck
Cancel Reply