Adam Levine picks an (earthy?) floral name for baby girl

by Unknown , at 16:53 , has 0 nhận xét
  • 1
  • 1

Adam Levine and wife Behati Prinsloo have officially become parents! The joyous news their first child together has arrived broke Thursday, with a rep confirming the tiny “angel” was born September 21.

Though The Voice coach previously said of figuring out parenthood, “We’re just gonna jump in, and just try to figure it out,” he may not be calm, cool and collected today.

In April he went on to admit, “I’ll probably be a lot more freaked out when I see the baby and I’m like, ‘Oh, there’s a baby now!’”

And that baby has a name as well! Ready for the big reveal? The singer and the supermodel have opted for Dusty Rose Levine.

Behati Prinsloo and Adam Levine out and about, Los Angeles, America - 29 Mar 2016

Seeing as Dusty isn’t a name I’m too familiar with, especially for girls, I hopped over to the BabyCenter Names Finder. Here’s a look at how the German name meaning “stone” has changed in popularity for females over the years:

Screen Shot 2016-09-22 at 1.08.05 PM

Personally, I can’t shake the earthy, dry connotation of the name, but maybe that was part of their reason for liking it?

I did know one kid that went by Dusty when I was growing up, but it was a boy and I’m fairly certain it was a nickname for Dustin. Funny I didn’t grow up with any females going by Dusty, as I was born in 1981 at that’s nearly the peak of this name’s popularity.

At any rate, congratulations to Adam and Behati on getting a start on his quest to have a socially irresponsible number of kids. I love hearing from parts who are truly thrilled to have a baby on the way, and I hope parenthood turns out to be everything they’ve been hoping for!

Have you ever known someone named Dusty? What connotation does the name have for you?

Share here

Photos PR Photos, Broadimage/REX/Shutterstock

 

More celebrity offspring sporting flowery names:

0 nhận xét Add a comment
Bck
Cancel Reply