Photos: 23 babies revisit their ultrasound poses

by Unknown , at 16:49 , has 0 nhận xét
  • 1

How much does your little one look like their ultrasound photo?

My kids barely look like theirs — mostly because my pregnancies took place just before 3D imaging became the standard. The only pre-birth looks I got at them were the grainy, profile shots of yesteryear, and it’d be a lie to say I’m not a little jealous of you younger moms who get a better peek.

Here, check out 23 of our BabyCenter parents comparing to how their post-birth babies look in similarity to their pre-birth pictures:

Melder1993

(All images submitted by users to the Ultrasound vs Newborn BabyCenter Community Photo Contest.)

Elangi1

KSwan8

paintmeblue

LittleLadyKatie

tranat2011

TaraColleen819

Romers143

Nicoler143

Mommaof5girls

kikimsoce1990

J3w3lz124

ImBatman

Georgia1820

Frecklebby

FirstTimeMom505

Cag87

c8080

Brooklynn93093

Britt_1089

Boo112015

anxious4babynumber1

You know what fascinates me the most? The comparisons that show baby in nearly the same position in the womb as out.

It reminds me of an investigative news program I saw more than a decade ago, in which identical twins who grew up separated were reunited. There was something like a dozen sets of twins on the stage, and when the camera panned out you could see that without thinking all of the twins were mirroring one another’s body posture. From hands in the lap to which leg was crossed in front they were identical in stance without thinking!

Blew my mind to see how much a body has a way it naturally feels comfortable, and life experience is, perhaps, not that big of a factor in how we exist.

Funnily enough, I just noticed recently that my elder son has begun sleeping with his hands behind his head — exactly like my brother used to when we were growing up. It’s just a little thing, but seeing as how my child resembles his uncle (from eye color to body type) more than his mother, I’m fascinated to see his sleeping body find the same position is preferable.

Have you noticed anything interesting about how your little one’s body prefers to physically be? What about in comparison to their ultrasound photo?

Join the conversation

All images submitted by users to the Ultrasound vs Newborn BabyCenter Community Photo Contest.

 

More fun from our BabyCenter members, with a look at their best selfie fails:

Angelbabykins: "Here she is, dumping an entire cup of ranch into my lap...."

(All photos submitted to the BabyCenter Community photo contest)

boysBoysAndBoys: "Can't breathe....."

SLM2B: "Mommy get outta here..."

nymcnamara: "Say cheese... or not, Just kick me instead, that is way more fun"

Niqmac215

MissionsMama: "I'm totally done with the selfies mom!"

MissFuddleDeeDuddle: "Digging for gold."

Leocin: "Achoo!"

laurov: "Selfies with twins are hard! - Grandma"

LaToyaBowdre: "She just started crying!"

katieenp: "Tried to get a cuddly picture. Get my face clawed off instead."

Kateve14

kamkam88: "Kiss attempt at the very last second."

jmmommy16: "Didn't I say NO MORE USIES!?!"

jacks0711: "Selfie with a reflux baby..."

frenchflowers: "#accidental"

firsttimemommy050916: "She decided to yawn in the middle of a selfie. Haha"

drice719: "She was lovingly stroking my face until I pulled out the camera!"

djstewart32: "Crazy sister loves baby bro!!!"

busyJordan: "I got this mom lol"

Skittles584: "First fathers day family selfie fail"

0 nhận xét Add a comment
Bck
Cancel Reply