Donald Trump orders mom “get that baby out of here” at rally

by Unknown , at 16:49 , has 0 nhận xét
  • 1
  • 1

Republican nominee Donald Trump surprised attendants at a rally in Virginia on Tuesday when he asked that a baby who was crying during his speech be removed. When the baby cried for the first time, Trump seemed unbothered. He noted that babies who cried were, “young and healthy and beautiful and that’s what we want.”

As Mr. Trump continued to speak, the baby began to cry again. This time, the nominee pivoted. He said: “Actually, I was only kidding. You can get that baby out of here … I think she actually believed me when I said I love having a baby crying while I’m speaking. People don’t understand but that’s O.K.”

This was a comparatively small comment in a much bigger news week. (One wonders if this sort of thing is an effort to make people stop talking about the Khan family and Donald Trump’s uncertain history with the Vietnam draft).

This is a surprising campaign. Known to say things and then back-pedal, you just never know what Trump will say in his quest for the White House.

As a mother, my hat is off to the mother who brought her baby to a political rally in an effort to engage in civic activities. I have certainly been to more than a few venues where my kids cried. We do the best we can.

Was Donald Trump just being sarcastic? Was he joking? Who knows in this crazy campaign.

Still, just to be clear, most politicians do kiss babies. They don’t toss ‘em out. Just my two cents.

Now back to the issues.

Feature Photo Credits: RMV/REX/Shutterstock

0 nhận xét Add a comment
Bck
Cancel Reply