Moms sharing messy baby poop photos online TMI?

by Unknown , at 22:49 , has 0 nhận xét
  • 1
  • 1

It seems as though more moms are being a bit revealing on social media. Some have gone as far as sharing messy baby poop photos online. It begs the question, is this growing trend of sharing the not-so-glamorous side of parenting TMI?

You may know Chontel Duncan as the fitness model and blogger who lost the baby weight within five days after giving birth. Now she’s sharing the messy side of motherhood in a recent Instagram post.

chontelduncan babycenter

She snapped this photo with her son along with the caption, “The joys of parenthood 💩 Green Frappe coming through nicely 😷 Hope this put a smile on all of your faces HAPPY FRIDAY from Jeremiah.”

The picture has since gone viral with close to 20,000 likes and almost 2,000 comments. Judging by the emojis in the comments section, it’s appears as though most fans are having a nice belly laugh. But, it’s not at Duncan’s expense. It’s pretty clear that she has a great sense of humor and is willing to laugh about the dilemma too.

Sometimes laughing through these types of messy moments helps us deal with the joyful and stressful moments of being a mom.

I can attest to those blow out moments when you just want to curl up into a fetal position and slip into oblivion. Instead of losing my mind, I laugh it off and move on.

That said, I certainly appreciate Duncan’s honesty and many other parents who do the same. In fact, Esther Anderson is another mom who isn’t afraid of being candid and upfront about parenthood.

She also posted a photo of her baby’s blow out on Facebook. The image has also gained popularity within the blogosphere.

“Second blow out of the day, and let me tell you…this one wasn’t nearly as bad as this morning’s. Let’s just say Ellia might go back into her pull-ups for tonight,” she wrote.

Anderson later shared details of that moment in an US Weekly video clip. She also shared an important tip for any parent who finds themselves in this type of situation.

“I was at my brother’s house and [the baby] decided that she wanted to explode her diaper on me—it just got everywhere, as usual. How did I deal with the situation? I left the poo on my shorts, cleaned the baby up, and do you know you can remove a onesie [over the legs] instead of removing the poopie onesie over the head?” she said.

This is one tip I wish I had when my children were infants. I’ll never forget the explosion my daughter had in a shopping center parking lot. I contemplated posting the photo I took of her greenish brownish poop smeared all over her car seat online, but thought it would offend some folks. Plus, my husband thought that one day she’d see the photo and feel embarrassed. In retrospect, I wish I did. On second thought, here it is. I’m pretty sure she’d understand and see the humor in it too.

messy poop car seat babycenter weatheranchormama1

messy poop car seat babycenter weatheranchormama

Even though some may not have appreciated my candor, I’m sure others probably would because let’s face it; parenting isn’t perfect. It’s nice to know we’re not the only ones going through these messy situations.

How do you feel about moms sharing messy baby poop photos online? Have you shared any?

Comments

Photo credit: Chontel Duncan

Stacy-Ann Gooden (aka Weather Anchor Mama) can be seen delivering the weather forecast on the news in New York City. But her most important role is being a wife and mom. She writes about balancing career and motherhood in her blog, Weather Anchor Mama. You can also follow her on twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.

0 nhận xét Add a comment
Bck
Cancel Reply